Challenge, Develop and Encourage at various stages of fabrication process and initiation of corrective action, as necessary, to assure the conformity of the finished product with established quality specifications and standards. Directs standard work according to Standard Operating Procedure.
- College degree in Business Administration, Management, Industrial Engineering, or similar.
- 10+ years experience in a manufacturing production setting. Experience in Textiles (especially cut and sew operations) a strong plus.
- Well versed in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 6 sigma, continuous improvement, and ISO principles.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- dentifies manufacturing problems by observing and studying product processes, system reporting and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions;
- interviewing process for supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting and Root Cause analysis procedures.
- Determine manufacturing objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, operator performance, and safety; evaluating processes and costs.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, and sourcing alternative solutions; determining impact on total output.
- Resolves issues by understanding manufacturing goals, processes, modes of operation, and limitations.
- Improves manufacturing quality results by recommending new process; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to departments.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides day to day management by reviewing and summarizing operating and production data and trends.
- Accomplishes company manufacturing goals by completing related results as needed.
Location: Augusta, GA
Reports to: Controller, Carole Fabrics
The Data Analyst will be a key part of the Carole Fabrics finance team reporting to the Controller. The Analyst will take responsibility for interpreting our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role the ideal candidate will need an eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, possess a deep understanding of Microsoft Excel and SQL databases, and have experience in a manufacturing environment.
Initially, this role will focus primarily on manufacturing costs, but may eventually be tasked with productivity reporting, forecasting and budgeting, and supporting pricing efforts as well. The chosen candidate will be able to build and structure their analyses from raw data, and is expected to develop reporting currently unavailable to the Company.
The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting, finance, or computer science, and will be familiar with manufacturing applications. However, as important as knowing what tools, KPIs, and metrics to implement will be knowing which ones NOT to pursue given the unique nature of Carole’s custom products.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Performs variance analysis between actual and standard costs to assist management in decision making or other financial initiatives; variance analysis by production department broken down as follows:
- Productivity Variance
- Volume Variance/Absorption Variance
- Labor Rate Variance
- Overtime Variance
- Fabric Usage Variance
- Findings Usage Variance
- Recut/Cutout Variance
- Review margins daily for previous day’s billing
- Daily reporting at the supervisors meeting of labor variance by supervisor, based on production for each respective department
- Forecast and budgeting – develop detailed plant budget by product including labor requirements, findings etc. As part of the budget process, calculate fixed & variable overhead rates
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on inventory valuation, production, and various other costs.
- Assist in determining and maintaining bills of materials
- Incorporate direct labor hourly rates and fixed and variable overhead rates in PIC
- Analyze Pricing Data by program and product within a program
- Analyze profitability by product, program and distribution channel
- Update and maintain cost models by product line
- Assist with payback calculation on Capex submissions
- Post Capex implementation, track if paybacks are attained
- Present Findings to Key Decision-Makers
- A four year degree in accounting, finance, computer science or equivalent experience. Graduate degree in business or computer a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in performing cost analysis. Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Excellent communicator and team builder.
- Highly analytical with strong data management and financial skills.
- Proficiency in Excel or other data analysis tools.
About Carole Fabrics:
Carole was founded 60 years ago, beginning as a small fabric converter for cut yardage, and over time growing to add fabrication of draperies, Roman shades, top treatments, and accessories to its portfolio. A division of HunterDouglas, Carole Fabrics fabricates hand-made custom window coverings in our 150,000 s.f. facility located in Augusta, GA. We employ approximately 300 associates, and stock nearly 10,000 fabrics to meet the needs of interior designers nationwide. Our competitive advantage is that by keeping a 97% fill rate on inventories and investing in state-of-the-art equipment, we can complete window treatments tailored to the customers’ exact requirements in under 10 days, whereas most work rooms require 6-10 weeks.
Must be able to use a tape measure, read work tickets, follow directions, and be detail oriented. Seeking applicants with strong work ethics.
Any industrial sewing experience is a plus. Must be able to speak and read a work ticket.
- Applicants must have at least a High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must be at least 18
- Applicants are required to have language skills in English at Limited working proficiency level
- A criminal background check will be required on applicants
Job salary and benefits
- Normal working days: weekdays
- 40 hours per week
- Normal work shifts: First (day)
- The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
- Hourly "Non-exempt" position